Week 5 – Empty Pockets
CARING FOR TREASURES
- Treasures in heaven can’t be destroyed
- Treasures in heaven can’t be stolen
- Treasures will point to your heart
- God is in control of time (Psalm 74:16-17)
- Make the best use of time (Ephesians 5:16)
- Teach us to number our days that we may gain heart of wisdom (Psalm 90:12)
- Each of us have been entrusted/given gifts/possessions dependent upon our ability (Matthew 25:14-30)
- Use your gifts to serve others & glorify God (1 Peter 4:10-11)
- Your soul is more important than the treasure of this world (Matthew 16:26)
- Your life does not consist of an abundance of possessions (Luke 12:13-21)
- Give and it will be given to you (Luke 6:38)
Read Matthew 25:14-30, The Parable of the Bags of Gold (The Parable of the Talents)
1) Why do the men each get different amounts of gold/talents? What does this mean for us?
2) When we look at this parable, what do we see that is required of us as stewards?
3) What is the immediate response of the three men when they received their talents from their Master? What does this mean?
4) Why is the third servant described as a “wicked, lazy servant”?
Handle with Care is a 6-week series focused on studying God’s Word and responding with care. The six weeks of messages may sound like instructions for laundry care — but you will soon find Handle with Care beckons you to examine within, to gauge how you truly love God and love others, and to grow inward and outward. Caring starts with the heart and pours out into the community.
- Week 1 – Stain Removal – Caring for God’s glory
- Week 2 – Do Not Bleach – Caring for Truth
- Week 3 – Add Fabric Softener – Caring like Barnabas
- Week 4 – Fasten the Zipper – Caring for Unity
- Week 5 – Empty Pockets – Caring for Treasures
- Week 6 – Iron Low Heat – Caring without Complacency