1-21-18 Sanctity of Life
Romans 8:1– Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
Marriage is NOT man’s idea. It’s God’s ordained institution.
- Genesis 2:18– It’s not good for man to be alone
- Genesis 2:24– Become one flesh
Evil welcomed into the lives of Adam and Eve
- Genesis 2:17– You must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
- Genesis 3:1– Did God really say?
- Genesis 3:5– God knows your eyes will be opened, you will be like God, you will know good and evil
- Genesis 3:6– Good for food, delightful to the eyes, desirable to obtain wisdom
Evil = Shame and Brokenness
- Genesis 3:7– Eyes of both of them were opened and they knew they were naked
- Genesis 3:8-10– Hid from God because of their nakedness (shame)
Hebrews 13:4– Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
Proverbs 5:18– Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice in the wife of your youth. As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love. For why should you, my son, be exhilarated with an adulteress And embrace the bosom of a foreigner? For the ways of a man are before the eyes of the LORD, And He watches all his paths.
Malachi 2:15– Didn’t the LORD make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.
God Forgives, Redeems, and Restores
- Genesis 3:15– He will strike your head and you will strike his heel
- Genesis 3:21– God made clothing for Adam and Eve
- 1 John 1:9– If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 – A CALL TO SANCTIFICATION