4.29.18 The One
How God embraces, encourages, equips, and empowers us…
• John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
• Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
• John 1:12 – Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
• Galatians 3:26 – So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith
• Psalm 119:160 – All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.
• John 17:17 – Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
• 1 Samuel 12:24 – But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
• Psalm 77:11-15 – I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples. You with your arm redeemed your people, the children of Jacob and Joseph. Selah
• 2 Timothy 3:16 – All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness
• Philippians 4:19 – And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
John 14:26 – But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
John 16:15 – All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.
Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
• Leads you to all truth (John 16:13a – But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.)
• Helps you pray (Romans 8:26 – In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.)
• Strengthens & renews you (Ephesians 3:16 – I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.)
5.13.18 The Many
The Many 5.13.18
How we embrace, encourage, equip, and empower others…
o LOVE – God so loved the world that He sent His only Son, that while we were sinners He died for us (John 3:16, Romans 5:8)
o As He loved so we shall love (Leviticus 19:18, John 13:34)
Love is an obligation love fulfills the law (Romans 13:8)
o Love with actions and in truth (1 John 3:18)
o ENCOURAGE – God’s Word encourages, His previous actions encourage (Josh. 4)
o Words & Deeds – Whatever you do, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him (Colossians 3:17)
Words – Tongue has power of life & death (Proverbs 18:21), the words of the reckless pierce like swords (Proverbs 12:18)
• Do not use foul or abusive language, speak life (Ephesians 4:29)
Deeds – Do everything in love (1 Corinthians 16:14)
o WORD / ALL YOUR NEEDS – God provides His Word to equip us, as well as all that we need to do what He has called us to do in life (Philippians 4:19)
o Look out for the best interests of others (Philippians 2:3-4).
o All we have – invest in others with your time, talent, treasure
Eternal living – sell/give & focus on treasure in heaven. (Luke 12:33-34)
Love, sacrifice for others (1 John 3:16-18)
o HOLY SPIRIT – we are empowered by the Spirit of God
o Allow people in positions to grow/flourish, give people your trust/confidence, provide opportunities
o To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for common good (1 Cor. 12:7)
We are each given spiritual gifts to help each other, a special way of serving others